Evolutionary Yoga one year 300 hour foundation yoga teacher training course
Terms & Conditions
To be accepted on the course Students need to have been practicing Yoga regularly for at least 2 years. The candidates applying for a place on this training must have previously been on retreat here with us at Yoga Evolution or have an informal Skype chat with one of the SYT,s in order to be considered. Suitability will be decided by the SYT’s. As this is a foundation course students will not be required to have in depth knowledge or understanding of any of the key areas beyond basic asana practice. However they must demonstrate keen enthusiasm for & commitment to furthering their knowledge & understanding as well as their practice of key aspects of yoga. They must also commit to reading some of the key texts which will be specified in order to have some background understanding before the training commences. They must also commit to regularly practicing certain joint freeing, breathing & warm up sequences before the start of the course (on booking onto the course they will be sent a link to videos of the relevant practices)
The total cost of the course (including all food & accommodation) is 3950 Euros. You can receive a 100 Euros discount for paying in full at the time of booking the course thus reducing the cost to 3850 Euros.
We require a non-refundable 1000 Euros deposit to secure a place on the course and this should be paid at the time of the booking to guarantee a place.
The full fee should be paid 42 days before the beginning of the course. If you need a payment plan then please let us know and this can be arranged at no extra cost to you.
Applications will be taken on a ‘first come first served’ basis and students who have paid their deposit will have priority over those who haven’t.
We reserve the right to refuse a place to students who have not paid their deposit or full fees by the required date unless discussed with us.
The fees must be paid in full including any private sessions before a graduation certificate will be issued.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in good health when booking onto the course and if you should develop any illnesses then these should be communicated to us as it might be possible to make other arrangements.
Parts of the course can be physically strenuous and you voluntarily participate knowing that injury may occur.
What fees include:
- Training and assessment by qualified Yoga Alliance Professionals SYT’s Peter Askew & Susan Billington.
- All manuals and other appropriate paperwork
- All food & accommodation
- transport to & from our local town Oleiros to the retreat centre
What the fees do not include:
- Flights and travel to Oleiros
- Recommended books for the course
- Insurance (you can get this from Yoga Alliance Professionals for just £15)* If you reside in the UK or Ireland
- A certificate (paying the fees does not guarantee you a certificate as you will need to successfully pass all Assignments& Teaching Assessments**** and attend all five weeks of the course to graduate). ****It is important to Evolutionary Yoga that you are fully& competently trained , we recognize that everyone learns at a different pace & will do everything we can to help you reach competency. If you are having any difficulties, then extra time will be given before we issue a certificate to teach.
Upon signing up for the teacher training course your name, email address and Phone number will be forwarded to our accrediting body, Yoga Alliance Professionals
YAP, and you will get a free membership with YAP for the duration of your course. Residents of the UK and Ireland are eligible to add Trainee insurance
for the duration of their course (£10 UK, £20 Ireland)
We reserve the right to amend any of the above conditions any time throughout the course.
Refund Policy Guidelines
It is always our intention to ensure that you will finish our YTT course and we will do everything we can to ensure that happens, but do understand that life does throw a few challenges our way from time to time. Please let us know not less than 42 days before the start of the course if for any reason you are unable to attend. The deposit of 1000 Euros is none refundable but we will refund the balance of 2950 Euros. No refund will be given if it is less than 42 days before (unless we get a last minute booking) or at any time during the course.
Payment Deposit Dates
- 1000 Euros deposit upon registration
- The whole balance will be due 42 days before the course starts unless you have agreed a payment plan with Peter & Sue. Our plan is for you to pay your deposit of 1000 Euros and then 10 monthly payments of 295 Euros.
- The deposit is non-refundable and covers our administration as we print your manuals and other course materials.
Student Pulling Out of Course
- Cancellation is possible up to 42 days / 6 weeks before the start date of the course.
- 42 days / 6 weeks before the course you will receive a full refund minus the deposit paid
- If you have started the course and drop out part way through then you will be expected to fulfil your contract of full payment for the course as it is too late for another student to take your place.
- No refund will be given if the course has already started but it might be possible to transfer onto a future course as we do not want anybody to lose out due to unforeseen circumstances. We will let you know what courses will be available for you to attend in the future.
Procedure on how to make a cancellation
Please contact Peter & Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance regarding cancellation and ensure that it is not less than 42 days before the start of the course. Please also notify us if you will not be attending any part of the course on the above email.
If you are cancelling the course less than 42 days before the start of the course because of unforeseen circumstances then we may ask for evidence before deciding a way forward and that usually means we will transfer you to another course.
During the Course:
- Student’s conduct during the course
While training with us you are expected to conduct yourself in a kind and considerate way to maximize yours and everybody else’s learning experience. You are expected to attend all classes and lectures on time. We will not tolerate any abusive or threatening behavior, or language of a profane or discriminatory nature to anybody on the course. This will lead to instant dismissal and no refund will be given and you will be unable to attend any further trainings or events.
- Minimum attendance rate
You will be required to physically attend at least 90% of the course. Please refer to our syllabus for further details.
- Time limit once course officially finishes to complete the course
The course is over one year and we expect you to complete the course on week 5 of the training. More time may be allocated as necessary on a case by case basis
- Re-sitting any assignments (additional charges for this)
If you need to re-sit any part of the course then you will be responsible for any additional costs that might be incurred, such as travel and attendance at the retreat centre. Any further costs will be clearly communicated to you at the time.
- Expectations regarding daily practice of students
Students are expected to maintain a daily physical practice in-between course modules evidenced by their daily journal entries. If due to unforeseen circumstances (illness or injury etc) they are unable to maintain a daily practice we will adapt their practice or grant any necessary extension.
Cancelation of Course
We reserve the right to cancel the course at any point due to circumstances out of our control. in the event of adverse weather conditions, terror attack, societal chaos, government or other organization strikes, war, fire, flood or any form of natural disaster.
If any of the above occurs we will try our best create another start date in the future that fits in with all students booked onto the course.
Please ensure that you take out travel insurance to cover you as this is not something we are responsible for.
If we as the course providers are unable provide the course at the specified times or at a later date for reasons other than those mentioned above we will undertake to refund you in full.
There are steps that you can follow to resolve any issue you may have arising from the training course. We will always endeavour to resolve any complaint as soon as possible.
You may wish to involve an advocate, friend or someone else to support you
at any stage.
In the first instance please speak to the individual(s) concerned, it is our sincere wish that we try to resolve the complaint informally preferably on the day.
If you are not satisfied with the response you have received, try to resolve
the issue by outlining the details of your complaint including the date on which the incident happened, the names of all parties involved in the incident & in your own words all events that took place by email and send it to Peter & Sue via email: email@example.com and we will investigate the complaint.
Your complaint will be acknowledged within 7 working days from the date it is received. The response will contain the following information:
• Name of the person who has been designated to investigate the complaint
& what support you can expect to receive during the process of the complaint
****In fairness to all parties and to ensure the investigator is able to investigate
the complaint in an open and meaningful way, we cannot guarantee your
Anonymity. In exceptional cases, however, where a child or vulnerable adult
is involved, in accordance with national guidelines and good practice the identity
of individuals at risk will be protected.
When the person(s) who are dealing with the complaint, have had an opportunity
to review & investigate your complaint , they will write to you to let you know their decision & how they propose to resolve the situation. At this point, if further relevant information comes to light, you may be asked for your comments to ensure the investigator have a balanced understanding.
The response will include the following information:
• Details of the investigation
• A decision about whether the complaint was upheld or not
• The reason for the decision
• The re-dress, if appropriate, which will be offered to you , for example,
an apology, additional help or directing you to other sources of adviceor support if it is something we feel cannot be dealt with by Peter & Sue at Evolutionary Yoga
• Any other action that may be taken in light of the complaint
• If it is not possible to provide a full answer to your complaint within 30 working days, the letter will outline reasons why and give a date by which a full answer is expected.
Code of Conduct for Evolutionary Yoga Teacher Training
Thank you for joining the 200 hour diploma course, and a warm welcome to … Teacher Training. We hope you enjoy the course and find it useful and informative. In order to maintain high standards and ensure that we keep our good reputation, it is important that you reach a certain minimum standard. Whenever we feel that this is not the case, we will talk to you personally and try to put things right.
The assessment is on a continuous basis and you will receive feedback on your progress. Students who do not meet the required standards will be asked to improve on the areas of
Weakness, and demonstrate that they have done this, before being issued with a certificate. All successful students can be registered on our database of accredited teachers.
This Code of Conduct is a summation and declaration of acceptable, ethical, and professional behaviour by which all Yoga Alliance Professionals Registered Yoga Teachers agree to conduct the teaching and business of Yoga.
As a Registrant of Evolutionary Yoga Teacher Training, I agree to uphold the ethical goals set forth in the following Code of Conduct:
1. To ensure that safe and effective teaching is available to the public.
2. To provide the public with access to safe and effective yoga teachers.
3. To maintain and uphold the traditions of Hatha Yoga. To teach yoga from the experience of these
Traditions and to disseminate these teachings to anyone, from any background, who earnestly desires to follow these traditions.
4. Uphold the integrity of my vocation by conducting myself in a professional and conscientious
5. Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer
students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment, or direction.
6. Create and maintain a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
7. Encourage diversity actively by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations,
race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, or sexual orientation.
8. Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students.
9. Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment.
10. Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga teaching and business.
I agree to comply with the conditions and requirements as set out in the course curriculum, and accept that failure to do so will disqualify me from any accreditation. I furthermore vow to uphold the standards of the teachings I have been given, and to maintain and promote the good name of yoga at all times. I accept that failure to do so may lead to the annulment of any accreditation obtained from Evolutionary Yoga Teacher Training.
Course and starting date
Signed and dated